This week’s I am the diva challenge is to use all grid based tangles in the Zentangle. I enjoy working with grids, as I need all the structure I can get! 😉 This is the best ‘Nzepple I have ever done. Overall, the tile is a bit stagnant; maybe I’ll try another one later in the week. Other tangles used: florz, and a variation of crescent moon. Thanks to the diva for another great challenge.
This week’s “I am the diva” Challenge is to use the new Zentangle pattern Assunta. Directions can be found here. I have been practicing this one for a little while, and it’s difficult for me to get the shapes symmetrical and the same size. I continue to practice. As always, thanks for the challenge.
For this week’s “I am the diva” Zentangle challenge, Enthusiastic Artist Margaret Bremner gave us the task of making a tile within a tile, that is, putting a smaller “tile” area within the larger tile. I have to say, this was the most difficult challenge for me yet. I was trying to make the smaller tile separate from the larger outer area using a change of pattern, or making the pattern darker, and it just didn’t work. I completed two other tiles earlier this week, before deciding to simplify and go with an outline of the inner tile area.
The tiles I used were: Dust Bunny, Floo, Chartz, a variation of Crescent Moon, and a “new” tangle (I haven’t seen it before, but it could be already out there) that I am naming Fayette. I got the pattern from an old door I saw yesterday at Fayette State Park in Michigan. See picture below.
This week’s challenge from the “I am the diva” website is from Christina Vandervlist from the blog stART . The instruction is to either use straight line strings and fill with curvy tangles, or use curvy strings and fill with straight line tangles. I chose the latter. I used some tangles I haven’t tried before. I especially like how the St. John’s Cross tangle, although made with straight lines, results in some circles. Thanks for the challenge, Christina, and thanks to Laura too, for the diva website that hosts these wonderful Zentangle challenges.
This weekend, while we were camping, I had a chance to play with the Letraset Promarkers that I won from Sandra Strait. Her blog is Life Imitates Doodles.
I did a somewhat abstract drawing of a pine tree, filled it in with the Promarkers, and then used the Ultra-fine Nib attachment on the markers to tangle within the colors. It was lots of fun and the color of the markers are very vibrant and go on smoothly.
Thanks, again, for the markers, Sandra. I’m sure I’ll be getting lots of use for them as I play more with color.
This week’s “I am the diva” challenge is to use the new official Zentangle pattern: Pendrills. This is my first tile after practicing it once. I enjoyed the “tangled” nature of this one, but it will take some work to get it to look like I want. Right now, it reminds me of bones rather than a grapevine. I’m sure it will evolve as I practice over time. Thanks to the Diva, Laura, for the motivation to try a new tangle.